Chicken has veritably travelled the entire world. It makes its way to your platter all the way from India as Chicken Tikka. Indian recipes are unique in themselves. They have flavors loaded on top of them and the essence of the country is tangible through the spices that are present in these recipes. The recipe we are going to consider here is a slightly tweaked version of the Indian Chicken Tikka.
The Tikka goes through barbecue and is served with mango chutney, yogurt, veggies, rice and chapatti. The combination is heavenly and nutritious enough to keep you going. So, let us go on and figure how you can bring the recipe to your platter.
The time required and other small details
The recipe is served mostly as dinner and is a part of the elite Indian cuisine. The entire recipe in discussion here carries about 412 kilocalories of energy. There would be a requirement of a preparation time of about 20 minutes, a cooking time of about 10 minutes. Adding them up, the burritos would be ready in a matter of about 30 minutes. The end product would be a serving for 4 people.
The required ingredients
There is a small list of items that are required to make the Chicken Tikka Chapati Burritos. That list is as follows:
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Half teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- A pinch of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder, the intensity in accordance with your taste
- A teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- A teaspoon of coriander, ground
- Juice of lemon
- A small piece of minced ginger, peeled as well
- 120 ml of yogurt
- 2 chicken breasts, in small chunks
- ½ bell pepper, red
- A jalapeno chilli, sliced thinly
- 4 tablespoons of mango chutney
- 4 tablespoons of yogurt
- 170 grams of basmati rice, cooked
- 4 leaves of a lettuce
- 4 chapatis
When these items are ready, move over to the process for cooking.
The process for cooking
We recommend that you stick to the steps that we have worked out as under:
- Grab a bowl and combine pepper, salt, cinnamon, chilli powder, paprika, cumin, turmeric, coriander, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, yogurt and the chicken.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator, covered for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Bring 4 metal skewers. Take the chicken out of the refrigerator and pierce the skewers through them.
- Use oil to brush your chicken. Transfer to the grill for about 8 to 10 minutes. Do not forget to turn them over often. The chicken has to be slightly charred. You can also draw cuts into the chicken with a knife to ensure proper cooking.
- Segregate your chapattis in four plates before adding rice and lettuce to these plates. Then transfer the chicken from your skewers, onto the chapattis.
- Mango chutney and yogurt would serve as toppings. Use jalapeno and red pepper to sprinkle over the dish.
- Roll up the chapattis and make burritos.
Thus, you have bona fide flavours of India on your platter.
There is no best time for trying an exotic recipe out. Do it today. Happy cooking! …